GENPREX, INC. (NASDAQ: GNPX) which is fulfilling its mission to REPROGRAMMING THE COURSE OF CANCER, is a clinical stage gene therapy approach company developing potentially life-changing technologies for cancer patients, based upon a unique proprietary technology platform, including GNPX’s initial product candidate, Oncoprex™ immunogenic therapy for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Oncoprex has a multimodal mechanism of action that interrupts cell signaling pathways which cause replication and proliferation of cancer cells. Furthermore re-establishes pathways for apoptosis, or programmed cell death, in cancer cells, and modulates the immune response against cancer cells. Oncoprex has also been shown to block mechanisms that create drug resistance.
GNPX’s novel platform to treat cancer with unique approach and technologies, that are designed to administer cancer fighting genes by encapsulating them into nanoscale hollow spheres called nanovesicles, which are then administered intravenously and taken up by tumor cells where they express proteins that are missing or found in low quantities.
GNPX Recent Updates
Recent achievements the company has completed as a part of the company’s overall strategy to expand its clinical development programs and bring its lead drug candidate, Oncoprex™ immunogene therapy, to commercialization.
- Every successful release of plasmid DNA batches is an important milestone for GNPX as it allows to demonstrate continued progress in coordinating scale-up manufacturing of Oncoprex and takes it to one step closer to re-entering the clinic with both EGFR and immunotherapy combination programs. Biologics manufacturing, especially for lipid nanoparticle (or LNP) delivered gene therapy, is a complex process through a similar vision to deliver innovative therapies to patients with significant unmet medical needs.
- GNPX’s manufacturing partner, Aldevron, has successfully completed the manufacturing of the TUSC2 (Tumor Suppressor Candidate 2) plasmid DNA pursuant to the manufacturing agreement initiated in end of third quarter of 2018.
- Announced positive pre-clinical findings from MD Anderson Cancer Center Sponsored Research Agreement studying the effects of TUSC2 with pembrolizumab at American Association of Cancer Research meeting
- Developed Oncoprex and immunotherapy combination clinical trial design.
- Collaborated with Addison Whitney for drug nomenclature branding program and submission of non-proprietary drug name selections.
- Initiated manufacturing process development with key manufacturing partners to support clinical expansion and manufacturing scale-up processes.
- Completed manufacturing of TUSC2 DNA plasmid to support clinical trial ramp-up.
GNPX Future Outlook
GNPX has made significant progress in many areas, including progress toward expansion of our clinical programs and sponsored research. Also manufacturing process development and scalability, and the growth of our team to support these initiatives. These accomplishments have set the stage to keep on way of growth and expansion. Above all enabling efforts to bring drug candidate to market for lung cancer patients who cannot benefit from today’s therapies.
Oncoprex has the potential to become an effective add-on therapy for the treatment of deadly non-small cell lung cancer. GNPX plans to extrapolate the current Oncoprex trial to numerous researches and conduct more new trials.
Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries are intensely competitive and subject to rapid and significant technological change. GNPX has positioned it self on the leading edge for immunogenic therapy for non-small cell lung cancer with Oncoprex. Therefore one can only speculate more of a when than if companies like PFE Pfizer and JNJ Johnson & Johnson will begin a biding war for GNPX’s technology.